If you’re looking for a simple way to get the BitX Order Book –the list of all bids and asks on the BitX Exchange– into Google Sheets, we’ve got a simple solution for you.
Simply make a copy of this Google spreadsheet and select the appropriate currency pair tab at the bottom of the page.
Interested in knowing how it was done? Most spreadsheets only support ImportHTML, ImportTABLE and ImportXML; none of which will work for our data (JSON).
To get ImportJSON working:
- Grab this ImportJSON script (by Chris Keller)
- Add it to Google Sheets under Tools > Script editor
- Use the following function
- Be sure to select the right currency pair, above is for Malaysian ringgit
- Set the appropriate execution times for refreshing the script
If you’re interested in building Bitcoin into your applications, head over to the BitX API.